There was a woman in my life who has reappeared recently... and in a most surprising way. She has become a great friend, a shockingly powerful support system. She has always been someone who others were measured against -- which isn't necessarily fair, but that's the way it goes sometimes. This woman played an important part of my life. Yes, she hurt me some time ago, but that pain has subsided... and the memories were always bittersweet. The pain was the obvious bitter part, while the love was strong and sweet. If there's one thing that has never left me about her it's this: she has a tremendous heart. And the second thing...
"She'll give me a hug, the most warm, familiar, make-you-wanna-melt, build-a-tree-fort-in-her-arms-and-spend-the-night kinda hug. This is the kind of hug where every nook of her body fits into every cranny of mine and vice versa. If a picture is worth a thousand words than my hugs with her are worth a million. I love being in her arms. For me, there's no place I'd rather be."
Her hugs...
7.21.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I just wanted to tell you that I keep reading, thinking of you, silently cheering you on --
XO
Pam
Post a Comment